Thursday, September 10, 2009

09 Week 37 Extra - Group Meaning?

Today what I learned in Group Process class was something about what makes people stay as a group. It is the group meaning, the shared theme of a bunch of people who form a group together. The theory is if we have the common interest, it is our common interest brings and holds us together, and maintains the relationship. After thinking my own past and present groups, I can't agree more. It does explain why I don't keep connected with most of my previous friends.

I don't have the common interest with my old groups. In past, I hung out with my previous group because I was studying with them. We cared about examinations together. After thinking for a long time, this is the only tie I could see. Except examinations, I didn't share any concern with them. Therefore as Dr. Anasuya said in class, after graduation, the bond broke. The reason of staying as a group was gone, so was the bond.

I surely do not wish this happen to my current groups. Besides Psychology, what hold us together? I don't think simply studying Psychology is strong enough to maintain our relationship. Fortunately, we do have the same interest among ourselves, what MeiSan found was: food. Oh yeah, we did explore and try nice restaurant, we should keep it up after graduation. I wish to find out more common interest, and I'm going to. Relationship is not maintained only by one side. It takes both sides.

2 comments:

Mei San said...

wei wei wei...
Not only me was thinking about what hold us together, okay??
Jeng Mun had the same thought too~~~~~ ^.^

JENGMUN, SAM said...

wah u all only think of food.
actually i was thinking about camera when ck & kelvinn came into the picture. then second thought, no.. Common Interest: TRIP!