Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Recently I'm Shooting IR

Of course this is not an IR photo. I accidentally took it while I was experimenting which shutter speed is the best to take star-like effect (from any light source at night). While my camera was taking the photo, a motorcycle passed by, adding the extra yellow line in my photo. I personally think this is cool!


If you're wondering why I keep posting greenish pictures and if you don't like it, please bear with me :) Recently I was mad about infrared (IR) photography. If you research about it you would find many interesting and amazing IR pictures. The colors are just beautifully bizarre!

Of course I can't take that kind of breathtaking pictures with my current accessories. I don't have an IR filter. What I have is just a camera which may only take IR shots at night. Thanks to internet resource, I learned that floppy disk film may enable my camera to shoot IR during daytime, though the effects are not really impressing. Better than nothing, at least.

2 comments:

JM said...

Hey CK, I've found a software to do Tilt-Shift Photography. Remember the one I said shooting and end up being miniatures?


You may wanna try:
http://tiltshiftmaker.com/

Picture appears to be something like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arnarbi/508525463/

P/S: It's damn damn cool. OMG. DLSR, when will you come to me?! XD

lezheng said...

nice effect! i like it too :)