Thursday, March 24, 2011

3 Idiots

People have been so excited recommending me this movie since beginning of last year. I read reviews, I watched trailers, and even made decision to watch it when it was showing on cinema, just that I ended up passing such a GREAT film! It was a regret when I was reminded by Mia about this movie recently, even she also watched already, and she was so enthusiatic to tell people around.

Anyway, I was so grateful that I have eventually watched it. It was understandable that people were so excited to see this film. This comedy is lively thought-provoking, challanging our (I supposed especially Asians') traditional view and expectation of education. Deep down inside our heart we all desire the ideology of pure learning rather than memorizing, striving for excellence rather than entertaining the rigid educational system, and sincere friendships rather than competitions. What turns students into a competitive and insensitive study machine? What shifts the attitude of learning? What kills our dream?

The three main characters are "idiots" in their education system and reality, because they are rebellious toward their educational system. But wait a minute, aren't those following and struggling blindly in the system are idiots as well? They are not enjoying their life, it is pathetic that their life has nothing but "success." Sometimes, it is hard to overlook the poverty factor in shaping the students' learning attitude. Knowledge is mainly seen as a tool to change the fate of lower status, rather than a pathway toward excitement of discovery, rather than a tool to serve the society. The attitude itself might not be encouragable, nonetheless it is understandable where does it come from.

After watching the movie, I again was just so grateful that I had a chance to choose my own path. I am doing what I want, being who I want to be. That time, I was unaware of my courage, I simply took a step without any fear.

2 comments:

Mia Lim said...

应该庆幸自己当初还有选择的条件
也要清醒自己有比别人多一点点的Self-awareness

对很多人来讲
错过那个做选择的时机
很多东西就很难回头

JC said...

=)