Sunday, February 7, 2010

10 Week 6 - I've Figured Out What I Want

A job interview with a research company had made me thought a lot. I met two interviewers separately and had a nice chat with them. After learning about the career path and job scope of a market researcher, I asked myself whether that was what I wanted. The answer was obvious. So I've made up my mind and I shall turn my head toward my desire. Even if it's challenging.
Dr. Ng is still hoping I can work on my thesis toward publication. Two days ago I received an invitation email from her regarding presenting my research in ARUPS Congress. I also learned that there are others had been invited. If you remember, I was reluctant to work on my thesis anymore, however after reading the invitation email, now I'm willing to do it. The horrible truth is, I feel that I'm no longer alone. I'm not the only one who is still dealing with past work while most people are moving on. I'm not supposed to be like that, I know, but it just happened and I've just realized it two days ago. I'm becoming less individualistic. I think it might be a good thing to happen in my current world, but it shouldn't influence my career next time. As my good friends, I hope you all may remind me this if you suspect I've repeated the same mistake in future :-)

3 comments:

kp said...

you so 8, if you are really individualistic, you wont have minded what is going on around you but solely focus on you yourself. =P

but then again, i still dun understand the connection between procrastination and collectivism (as posted on fb).

Mia Lim said...

So what you actually want??
you didn't really mention in your post. :)


p/s: So u are going to present in ARUPS??

lezheng said...

kp, oh the facebook one is not about procrastination. it's about i may give up the presentation just because i have no friend doing that with me.

mia, yup now i'm willing to present, will see dr. ng tomorrow regarding the presentation. now i can be sure that i want to be an academician, and i want to be a student tutor as starting point. i want to do academic research rather than market research. so... i won't be a market researcher.